Pre-care : Lips & Brows
Please note: Following pre-care advice is extremely important. Not doing so has the potential to greatly impact your treatment, and could even result in the cancellation of your appointment. It is your responsibility to read over this section at least 1 week prior to your treatment to make sure that you are prepared. Please contact the clinic as soon as possible if you have any questions or concerns.
What NOT to do:
No chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser or other professional facial treatments within 1 month. If the facial treatment is done at the Jade Cosmetic Clinic, the time frame is only 2 weeks as we are used to working around cosmetic tattooing. Extra precautionary methods are taken to protect the area in preparation for your tattoo. For the Halo Laser or Jessner Peel please leave at least a 4 week time frame. No alcohol within 24 hours, coffee on the morning of your appointment, fish oil within 1 week, Omega 3 or vitamin E supplements within 1 week, antibiotics or painkillers within 1 week, or significant sun exposure within 2 weeks. No botox or filler near the area within 4 weeks, unless advised otherwise by Tawny and/or the nurses at the Jade Cosmetic Clinic. Don’t plan any major events during the healing period, brows will be darker than desired with minor flaking/scabbing. Lips will be much more vibrant than desired, with dryness & minor flaking/scabbing. No waxing within 3 days of treatment. No laser hair removal within 2 weeks of treatment.
Brows only: No tinting within 4 weeks of treatment (your natural brow hair colour must be visible). No brow growth serums within 4 weeks of treatment.
What to do:
Gently exfoliate the area for 3 days prior and ensure that the skin is well nourished. Wash your hair the night before, as you will need to avoid wetting the area during the healing process. You can still wash your hair during this time, but it will be challenging so it’s best to get at least 1 wash out of the way! Come in with an open mind about different techniques, but also come in with pictures if you already have some idea of what you want.
Lips only: Bring your favourite lipstick or coloured gloss with you (if you have one). If you have a history of cold sores, it is likely that the stimulation/vibration from the tattooing process will activate the herpes virus already within your body. It is therefore essential that you consult with a pharmacist and request preventative medication prior to your treatment day. If you have an active cold sore, ensure that you notify the clinic as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.
After-care: Lips & Brows
Please note: Following aftercare advice is extremely important. Not doing so has the potential to greatly impact your treatment, which will likely then require further (paid) sessions to achieve a desirable result. It is your responsibility to read over this section and follow all instructions. Please contact the clinic as soon as possible if you have any questions or concerns.
What NOT to do (Brows 10-14 days, Lips 5-7 days):
No picking the area or touching with your fingers. No sweating (so no cardio, gym, sauna’s, spa’s or outdoor activities where you may work up a sweat). No spray tanning, makeup, or soap (other than what is provided). No cleansers, water, sleeping on your face, high UV exposure, sun beds or infrared light exposure. No waxing for 2 weeks. No filler or botox near the area within 4 weeks, unless advised otherwise by Tawny and/or the nurses at the Jade Cosmetic Clinic. Do not get a chemical peel, microdermabrasion, laser or any other professional facial treatment for at least 1-month after your tattooing session. If you receive a facial treatment at the Jade Cosmetic Clinic, the time frame is only 2 weeks as we are used to working around cosmetic tattooing. Extra precautionary methods are taken to protect your new tattoo. For the Halo Laser or Jessner Peel please leave at least a 4 week time frame.
Brows only: No tinting for 4 weeks.
Lips only: No kissing, alcohol or boiling hot drinks during the healing process. Drink liquids through a straw where possible. Avoid spicy, hot or messy food. Avoid masks if possible, or replace your mask regularly if covid regulations require that you wear one.
What to do (brows 10-14 days, Lips 5-7 days):
Your routine every morning & night is to clean the area gently using a clean (wet) cotton round and a small amount of green soap, the soap will be provided to you. Once you have done so, pat the area dry with a clean (dry) cotton round. Then you must use a cotton bud to re-apply a thin layer of aftercare gel (you will purchase this on the day).
Lips only: Apply additional aftercare whenever needed throughout the day to keep the area hydrated, as lips will feel dry throughout the healing process. You will be given an ice pack to take home on the day to help reduce swelling.
- Consultation fees are non-transferrable & non-refundable.
- Clients who no-show, show up more than 15 minutes late, or cancel appointments within 48H will have their appointment cancelled & deposit (or complimentary touch up) forfeited. This includes feeling sick without a signed document from a certified health professional. This applies to all appointments. Clients who do so more than once will not be welcomed back to the clinic.
- Clients who no-show , show up more than 15 minutes late or cancel a free review appointment within 48H without a reasonable explanation will not be welcomed back to the clinic.
- Clients who do not correctly follow pre-care information will have their appointment cancelled & deposit (or complimentary touch up) forfeited. Clients who do not follow aftercare advice may have to pay additional fees to achieve desirable results.
- Complimentary touch ups must be within 4-8 weeks of new treatments. This will be forfeited after 8 weeks unless special circumstances apply & have been confirmed on or before treatment day with the clinic.
- Colour boost fees apply only to clients who have had their initial treatment or previous colour boost (not touch up or perfecting visit) within 2 years. After 2 years, new client fees apply. Appointments are subject to availability. If clients do not schedule appointments in advance and there is no availability within 2 years, then they are not entitled to colour boost fees.
- Perfecting visits are available only within 6 months of any new treatment or colour boost (not counted from a touch up or perfecting visit).
- Clients must source their own anaesthetic, and will be advised on how to do so. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that this is ordered on time and brought to their appointment.
- Clients who have ever had a cosmetic tattoo in the area to be treated (visible or not) MUST book for an in-person consultation, as there is a chance the previous tattoo will prevent the client from receiving treatment. Clients who book straight in for treatment & have not informed the clinic of their previous tattoo may be turned away with deposit forfeited. This includes work done in the past that may have faded away.
We work strictly within legal compliance, so are unable to supply you with medical grade pharmaceuticals. However, we’ve made it easy for you to arrange your own order. Your comfort is our priority! Numbing gel is optional (but highly recommended) to ensure that you’ll be totally comfortable throughout your entire treatment. With this, you’ll only feel a minor vibration in the area. The cost of Anaesthetic is approximately $15-$20.
Alive Pharmacy Warehouse at 318 Mulgrave Rd, Cairns City or call them on (07) 4051 6005
- Brows: Request the L.E.T numbing gel 10g (Lidocaine 5%, Tetracaine 5%, Epinephrine 0.1%)
- Lips: Request the P.L.T numbing cream 5g (Prilocaine 3%, Lidocaine 3%, Tetracaine 4%)
- Please call & order 2-3 working days before your scheduled treatment to make sure that they have it in stock, otherwise they will need to make some for you. Pick up & pay in person. It is not recommended to pick it up too far in advance as the product has a 1-2 month expiry and you will also need it for your touch up.
- Please do not purchase any anaesthetic products outside of what is recommended.