Pre-care : Lips & Brows
Please note: Following pre-care advice is extremely important. Not doing so has the potential to greatly impact your treatment, and could even result in cancellation of your appointment. It is your responsibility to read over this section at least 1 week prior to your treatment to make sure that you are prepared.
Chemical peels, microdermabrasion or facials within 1 month, alcohol within 24 hours, coffee on the morning of your appointment, fish oil within 1 week, Omega 3 or vitamin E supplements within 1 week, antibiotics or painkillers within 1 week, or sunburn within 2 weeks. No botox near the area within 2 weeks, no filler near the area within 4 weeks. Don’t plan any major events during the 2 weeks of healing, brows will be darker than desired with minor flaking/ scabbing. Lips will be much more vibrant than desired, with dryness & minor flaking/ scabbing.
Brows only: No waxing within 3 days of treatment, no tinting within 3 weeks of treatment (we want to see your natural colour), no brow growth serums within 1 month.
Lips only: No laser hair removal within 2 weeks, no waxing within 3 days.
Gently exfoliate the area for 3 days prior and ensure that the skin is well nourished. Wash your hair the night before, as you will need to avoid wetting the area for 2 weeks. Come in with an open mind about different techniques, but also come in with pictures if you already have a good idea of what you want.
Lips only: Bring your favourite lipstick or gloss with you. If you have a history of cold sores, it is possible that the simulation of the treatment will activate the herpes virus. It is therefore essential that you consult with a pharmacist and request preventative medication AT LEAST 1 week prior to your appointment. If you have an active cold sore, ensure that you notify the clinic as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.
After-care: Lips & Brows
Please note: Following after-care advice is extremely important. Not doing so has the potential to greatly impact your treatment or even damage your skin. It is your responsibility to read over this section carefully, and contact the clinic if you have any questions or concerns.
Avoid for 2 weeks:
Touching or picking the area, sweating (no cardio, gym, sauna’s or spa’s), spray tanning, makeup, soap, cleansers, water, facial treatments, sleeping on your face, high UV exposure, sun beds or infrared light exposure.
Brows only: No tinting for 4 weeks, no waxing for 2 weeks.
Lips only: No kissing, alcohol or hot drinks for 5-7 days, and drink all liquids through a straw.
Do for 2 weeks:
Clean the area morning & night with a damp cotton round; dab dry and then apply a very thin film of Stratamed with a cotton round (no fingers!). Stratamed should dry clear within 5 minutes. Once dry, gently remove excess around the area if necessary.
Lips only: Also apply bepanthen whenever needed throughout the day to keep the area hydrated, as lips will feel dry throughout the healing process. If the lips are too dry this may potentially lift pigment away sooner than desired.
After-care: Li-FT Saline Tattoo Removal
Please note: It is critical to follow all aftercare instructions to prevent complications, scarring and to achieve optimum removal results. Read the following carefully.
For 2 weeks or until scabs have fallen off (naturally, do not pick/touch!):
- Clean the area morning & night with sterilised saline, using a cotton round or cotton tip.
- Be very gentle when wiping or dabbing clean, any pressure will interrupt the process of osmosis, and therefore stop the process of the pigment being drawn towards the surface.
- The area will start to form a scab around days 3-5.
- Do nothing else, the area needs to be kept clean, dry & open to the air!
- Continue the cleaning process for more than 2 weeks if there is still any scabbing.
ONLY once all scabs have fallen off:
- Gently apply 1-2 drops 100% VIT E oil to the area twice daily, and throughout the day if possible.
- Continue this for a minimum of 4 weeks to nourish the skin.
- DO NOT start applying VIT E oil until all scabs have naturally & completely fallen off.
- Once you have entered this phase you may go back to your normal routine other than applying the VIT E oil.
Important during the removal healing process:
- DO NOT GET THE AREA WET.
- NO: Bathing, swimming, saunas, tanning, makeup, or exercise until ALL scabbing is gone.
- DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process (no picking, scratching, touching etc). All scabbing needs to fall off naturally. If you force or pick a scab off you will disrupt the process of osmosis and potentially cause scarring. It is critical to keep the scabs on as long as possible to achieve optimum results.
- TREAT THE AREA WITH TLC.
- If you have any questions or concerns please contact the clinic. If at any time there are signs of infection, inform the clinic & contact your doctor immediately.
- LIP TATTOO REMOVAL ONLY: Drink liquids with a straw until all scabbing has naturally fallen off. Brush with natural toothpaste (no whitening or peroxide toothpastes). Cut food into small bits. Try to keep mouth expressions to a minimum until all scabbing is gone.
- It is important to the removal process and the integrity of the skin that 8 full weeks take place before another lightening session can be done. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Lightening and/or removing unwanted pigment is a long process and patience is required. This is true whether you are choosing a lightening product, saline removal service, or laser removal. Please be patient and give the process a fair chance to work. The number of sessions required will depend on how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted, whether there is any scar tissue present, what ink was used, how much of the area needs to be removed, the health of your skin, your immune system, your lifestyle, and more.
- In many cases only a percentage of the pigment needs to be lightened/removed and then we can continue the correction process by colour correcting or colour shifting with new pigment. In cases where the old shape is incorrect, colour correcting will not be an option, and removing as much of the pigment as possible will be necessary.
- Results cannot be foreseen, predicted or guaranteed due to the nature of tattoo removal and the variables between cases.
- There is always a risk of hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation. This can happen during the removal process, or it can be caused by the tattooing process and revealed by the removal process. In most cases this will go away over time, and is largely dependent on the health of your skin, the existing tattoo to be removed, and how carefully you adhere to the removal aftercare instructions.
- Consultation fees are non-transferrable & non-refundable.
- Clients who no-show, show up more than 15 minutes late, or cancel appointments within 48H may have their appointment cancelled & deposit (or complimentary touch up) forfeited. This includes feeling sick without a signed document from a certified health professional. This applies to all appointments.
- Clients who do not correctly follow pre-care information prior to their treatment or touch up may have their appointment cancelled & deposit (or complimentary touch up) forfeited. Clients who evidently do not follow aftercare advice may have to pay additional fees to achieve desirable results.
- Complimentary touch ups must be within 4-8 weeks of new treatments. This will be forfeited after 8 weeks unless special circumstances apply & have been confirmed previously with the clinic.
- Colour boost fees apply only to clients who have had their initial treatment or previous colour boost (not touch up or perfecting visit) within 2 years. After 2 years, new client fees apply. Appointments are subject to availability. If clients do not schedule appointments in advance and there is no availability within 2 years they are not entitled to colour boost fees. Special circumstances may apply.
- Perfecting visits are available only within 6 months of any new treatment or colour boost (not counted from a touch up or perfecting visit).
- Clients must source their own anaesthetic, and will be advised on how to do so. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that this is ordered on time for their appointment.
- Clients who have ever had a cosmetic tattoo in the area to be treated (visible or not) MUST book for an in-person consultation, as there is a chance the previous tattoo will prevent the client from receiving treatment. Clients who book straight in for treatment & have not informed the clinic of their previous tattoo may be turned away with deposit forfeited. This includes work done in the past that may have faded away.
We work strictly within legal compliance, so are unable to supply you with medical grade pharmaceuticals. However, we’ve made it easy for you to arrange your own order. Your comfort is our priority! Numbing gel is optional (but highly recommended) to ensure that you’ll be totally comfortable throughout your entire treatment. With this, you’ll only feel a minor vibration in the area. The cost of Anaesthetic is approximately $15-$20.
- Alive Pharmacy Warehouse (07) 4051 6005
- Brows: Request the L.E.T numbing gel 10g (Lidocaine 5%, Tetracaine 5%, Epinephrine 0.1%)
- Lips: Request the P.L.T numbing cream 5g (Prilocaine 3%, Lidocaine 3%, Tetracaine 4%)
- Please call & order 3-4 days before your scheduled treatment to make sure that they have it in stock, otherwise they will need to make some for you. Pick up & pay in person. It is not recommended to pick it up too far in advance as the product has a 1-2 month expiry and you will also need it for your touch up.
Please do not purchase any anaesthetic products outside of what is recommended.